Thank you Madison’s Avenue for the nomination for the Liebster Award. Unfortunately I didn’t realize my nomination straight away, but here I am now and I am happy to reply to the nomination.
I like it because it supports us “small” (but very talented 😉 ) bloggers, and it is a great way to connect with the others. It is a pleasure for me to follow all your suggested bloggers and hope that I can be inspirational for others too.
So here are my answers:
1. Why do you travel?
I have discovered this passion very early in my life and it was always clear for me that I want to work in the travel industry. That’s what I finally did.
It soon became a sort of addiction. Now I do not only travel for work but I work for my travels, since that is what I do in my free time too.
(No, I am not working as a travel blogger… that’s what I do in my free time).
2. What would be your ideal travel itinerary?
There are so many that it is too difficult for me to answer.
Very high on my bucket list there is Patagonia, from Argentina to Chile.
3. What was your first memorable travel experience?
Well I think it was the first flight I took alone: Frankfurt-Palermo. I was 15 and so proud to travel alone that I took a coffee on the plane and wanted to sip it completely relaxed as if I had always traveled alone in my life but…. unfortunately it was so hot that I burned my mouth with it and the hot coffee landed on the shirt of the businessman sitting next to me!! I wanted to just hide myself but there was no way I could escape!
4. Do you have an I-can’t-believe-that-happened travel story?
Too many! 🙂 Positive and negative. Whereas negative has fortunately never been tragically negative but funny, at least when seen with a distance.
An example? Once I arrived so early at the airport that I completely forgot to worry about the time. I sat down looking at the planes taking off for hours and I somehow never heard my name at the loudspeaker.
Of course I missed my flight. The chaos started and after a while I managed to book another flight which was very complicated with layovers… but this was not all:
As I finally entered the plane and wanted to sit down I noticed that I had left my hand-luggage at the gate!! (won’t tell you how this ended! 😉 )
5. What’s one crazy thing you’d love to do but don’t know if you’ll ever get the courage to?
6. What’s the hardest part of traveling?
Carrying the bags!! Those who know me know that I became kind of allergic to carrying heavy bags.
7. Do you think traveling is something you’ll be able to do forever?
Until my body allows me to.
8. How many countries have you visited?
Actually, this is too difficult to count. Many, and many more are still missing.
9. Do you have any travel regrets? What are they?
I don’t think so.
10. Who’s the coolest person you’ve met on your travels?
Can’t think of just one person. I fell in love with so many. Normally it’s older people that touch me most.
11. Where’s your next destination?
I’ll fly to Barcelona, Spain, next week.
• Thank the blogger who nominated you, and include a link to their blog
• Provide answers to the eleven questions from that person
• Give nominations to other bloggers, who have less than 500 (Twitter or Blog) followers
• Ask them eleven new questions
• Let them know about their nominations, so that they can proceed with the award process
1. Why do you write about your travels?
2. Is writing your main business?
3. If not, would you like to do it as your main job?
4. Which is your dream destination you would like to visit?
5. What was the funniest thing that ever happened to you during your travels?
6. Which destination disappointed you?
7. The nicest hotel you have ever been to?
8. Which are the 3 most beautiful cities according to you?
9. Your best and your worst food experience?
10. Which languages do you speak?
11. Your best blogging tip?